Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not giving up on the stock 3cd deck. I'm going to remove it and try cleaning its inerds. In order to remove the deck I'll have to remove the black trim starting at the shifter and goes around the instrument cluster. Is this correct? If so, then do I just pry this off or is there a special way to remove it? I'd hate to break/crack this peice:(
Also, I want to remove the rear side panels in order to stuff some insulating material in there to try to get the car quieter. I haven't tried it yet but is there an easy way to do it or do I just pry away? The road noise from that area is a bit too loud for my tastes:) Especially when it rains:(
Thanks for all your help, Wally

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am not too sure as I have never seen the deck you have. I had the radio/cassette head and it had four rubber plugs on the outside edges of the radio. If you have these, get some ford radio pullers. You can use a bent piece of coathanger too, but its not a nice as the tools made to do the job. Just form two pieces like this:
____
____)

The end with the ) is closed of course. My advice, go aftermarket, I have never regretted it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts