Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings..

ok well i have a little delema and am hoping someone can give me some insight. ive moved out to BC back in may, however my car is in my moms name for insurance purposes. so come february its her birthday and we need new stickers. now the problem is that its our year to have our emissions redone, and must be done before any stickers are given out. and being so far up north (fort nelson) they have no emissions testing at all, nor do i know if anywhere in bc can you have the equivelent of ontarios drive clean program done? see what im getting at? so i must ask if anyone has any info for me about bcs emissions testing, or more importantly if anyone knows anyway of having a false emissions test done. ive heard lots of people talk about that, like pay 200$ or whatever for safety emissions papers and be good to go.. is this a possibility? anyone know who or how this can be done? i have no prob sending money and my cars info to someone who can get me such papers.. or even better someone in the GTA who could meet up with my mother to swap all thats needed, as she lives in oakville.. k well that about sums it up. thanks so much...

cheers

Jon

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ouch, thats a tough one.. i went through something like this myself... when the tests first came to ontario, i didnt have a vehicle that would pass, so i "moved in" with my dad who lives in Paris (Ontartio) and never needed to pass the tests there...

anyways a few years went by, i got a better vehicle, and just forgot about moving back...
needless to say i was pulled over, and my insurance didnt match my license.. so they thretened me with fines and what not...

just a word of warning...

P.S. wouldnt it be easier just to transfer the car to your name out there, doesnt BC have cheaper insurance? i dont see the point of keeping my car registered in Ontario if i live in BC.. Maybe Vice Versa, but paying Ontarios insurance, deeling with emmisiones etc.. when i live in Beautiful British Columbia.. (play on plates Haha)

good luck with it though...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Slayer has a point, BC has different rules and better insurance then Ont. You would probably be better off getting the ownership transfered up there to you. All you need in BC is a bill of sale to transfer the ownership. You might even be able to register it as a pass down (parent to child gift) and not pay the taxes, just get it safetied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts