Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Nice, looks a lot like mine. Like your wheels. I know my car came stock with airbags, but damn, is that an aftermarket whoopie cushion or did yours come with that?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the whoopie cushion is from an arcade...hehe...guess i forgot to take that out...hehe

·
Registered
763 Posts
93_black_beauty said:
i finally got off my ass and started taking more pictures, well anyway, here is a pic of my 93 black beauty at night. i have more but they didn't turn out right. give me some feedback guys!

it looks nice man.. did you buy those clear bumber lights or did you custom make them?

i want too...

·
Registered
283 Posts
phat car i like it a lot is it lowered cause the front look s lower and what blue bulbs are those in the corners

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the whole car is lowered about 1 1/2 inches. done the cheap way....spring compressors. the blue lights are actually supposed to be purple, but i think they look blue too. the clear markers and from http://www.clearcorners.com they were like $85 per set but hey, they were a christmas gift so i didn't pay it. as for doing them yourself, do a search on it and you'll find all kinds of instructions.

thnx for the props guys

·
Registered
148 Posts
Black Beauty alright

Yeeeeessssss, someone also has a taste for the dark side of things! Sweet ride, I'll try not to duplicate your ride as mine also is Black... I can hook you up with a new Panasonic 909U DVD and a 707 flip out screen... Just let me know when you get 2.5g's! HA! Keep her comin' and get you some skirts to throw on her! Later...

G

·
Where did you get the spring compressors? It may be cheap, but it looks pretty good to me. What are they, and how much are they?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the spring compressors are simply like two little metal peices that fit onto the contour of the spring and they are just double bolted on each side to compress the spring down. its coo, cuz you can set it at whatever ride you want. and you need two of those aparattas' i explained on each spring. you can get them at AUTOZONE for like $20 for 4. i have two sets so the cost of the total job was $40 plus 2 large pizzas to get my buds to help. its really helpful to have a couple spare hands.

G

·
thanks for the info. Why do u need 2 of them on each spring. I dont have the money for springs, thats why i'm interested in this.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you need two on each spring for:

1. added strength as the pressure on these clamps is huge as you can prolly imagine.

2. its just safer and if one side is compressed, the other side is not as compressed, so to get an even "clamp" its just better to use two compressors.

i really like the looks of the finished product, but you might want to know that it does hurt the ride considerably. i don't mind myself cuz i kinda like the feel of the road in the suspension, but i promise you will find bumps in the road you have never known were there before. just be careful, its not a professional job afterall. BUT IT LOOKS THE SAME, AND IS LETERALLY A FRACTION OF THE COST.

G

·
thanks for all the info. Do you know how bad this hurts other parts of the suspension system or not? Sorry i keep askin about this stuff, but i needa lower my car bad.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i haven't noticed any damage to other suspension parts. and honestly i don't think it will hurt anything cuz the springs are just compressed and its not interfeering with anything but keeping the springs compressed. i personally think this is the way to go for a quick 1 1/2 inch drop and a cheap one at that.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sport Spring kits...

Or you can by some sport springs that will lower it with out using spring compressors... HKS sells some good ones, and they will increase your handling as well... A little more expensive, but worth looking into...

·
Registered
283 Posts
how dod u get them so dark what blubs did u use. also what is the dropon those compresors u added

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bro i went to auto zone and i cant find the compressors i really wantthese can you please write the link on the thread

1 - 20 of 28 Posts