Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you, like me ( until today), have not yet put stainless brake lines on your 6, do it NOW. You will LOVE the firmer brake pedal.

I removed the 19-year-old lines and put the new ones on pretty easily. I was missing 3 of the clips that hold the hose to the strut tower (Mazda part W023-43-635A). My local Mazda dealer charged me $3.53 each for these stupid little clips!! But nobody else had them, and I NEEDED them, so there you go.

I can hardly believe the difference in the brake pedal feel. BTW, I got mine from raceshopper.com for $90 shipped (Techna-Fit).

Highest recommendation.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
With the exception of the gold color in these pics (fittings on mine were chrome), my lines look just like Gavin's in this post.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-ot...mega-brake-job-whole-lot-more.html#post743885

I'll plan to take pics the next time I have the wheels off. I was a bit mucked up to be handling the camera yesterday.

I will add that I used a 10mm flare wrench rather than the 8mm that Gavin mentions. Also, the banjo bolts provided with the new lines needed a 14mm wrench rather than 10mm. The Techna-Fit kit included new banjo bolts and copper crush washers, so I had everything I needed.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
The Goodrich ones I purchased also came with the new washers and bolts.:)

Good choice on the upgrade though. Now if you dont already have one, you should upgrade your clutch line to an SS line. The resulting feel difference is just as amazing with the brakes:tup:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed MBX but have not heard back.

Based on my searching, there is no a difference for the clutch line between 1stGen and 2ndGen. I'm shopping around now.

Looks like a PITA to get to that line, though.

Thanks for the recommendation, I was already on it! :cool:

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
I wouldnt waste your time with MBX. Theyve been notorious for slow shipping and little to no feedback.

You can find the lines on Ebay all the time normally. Though I just checked and dont see any...

But yeah, like you said, you wont find any 1g ones. You have to use the 2g ones:)

Getting to the line is a peice of cake, as long as you have the intake tubing off.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tip.

I have located Techna-Fit lines available (also from raceshopper.com) for $18 + shipping. Since they also make the lines for our 2003 Odyssey (which takes 6 hoses, not 4) I'll probably order both and get free shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts