Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the first system in my six. I was wondering if there are any places in the fire wall for a power wire. Right now mine is going threw my door jam, and as it seems to be okay, I don't like the idea of it.

Thanks,
Angel

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
yo....

look for rubber garments leading into the cab of the car. see if you can squeeze your power wire in next to it. after a long a tedious search i found a hole for mine in my jeep. if all else fails, you can drill a hole through the firewall, once drilled you should put a rubber garment in the hole to prevent the cutting of the insulation on the wire. which can cause your entire electrical system in your 6 to poop. hope this helps.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have seen a few holes in reaching distance, but the wires are always blocked by something. I am really trying not to have to drill any holes, but I'll keep looking. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
no problem ol buddy....

might take ya a while. might have to pull the carpet back under your dash a bit, could give you a better idea of where you can find a hole. hope you find one.

SolarSlash

G

·
I was able to fit 8 awg through an existing gromet, just below the driver's side wiper motor. You will have to pull the carpet back, but it makes for a clean installation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that gives me a clue as to where to start looking. Other than that, I just really haven't had the time to work on it any since I put it in. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is a rubber garmet just behind and a little higher than your fuse box. I just poked through with a clothes hanger, attached the wire to the hanger and pulled. It worked really well, it was a short quick route to the battery and also down the side of the car to my amp. I've got a picture of it somewhere but I haven't been able to find it, I'll keep looking though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts