Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
slow down:confused:

I know it's fun to go that fast sometimes, but there's no need to go that fast.

·
Registered
146 Posts
DON'T SLOW DOWN...well maybe you should, but I'm not going to encourage it as long as you're not endangering anyone but yourself.

We're gonna need some more info. Any other problems? Which engine...I'm assuming it's MTX...is it actually cutting out, or just not going any faster? That would be weird if your car is running strong to 115, and then having a problem. And, if that's your only problem, then I'd say don't worry about it, but I'm betting it's not your only problem.

Mike

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
im guessing you have the i4 2.0?? its speed governed to 115 ;)

·
Registered
660 Posts
WastelandRacing said:
Car cuts out at 115!!!! I'm just shifting into 4th any ideas.
Um I would hope 115 is well into 4th. Last I remember, (Assuming that this is an I4 due to limiter at 115) 115 is fairly deep into 4th gear. Maybe around 5800 I think...Cannot remember exactly, maybe I'll take the new probe onto the freeway when I figure out what is up with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yea, I ran my I4 MX6 on the interstate the other week to top it out, but it kind of scared me when I hit like 110-115 the engine just bacsically shut down, I thought I blew my motor at first, then I relized it was the governor chip, is there any way to switch it out or remove it?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i HEARD no guarantees on this you can snip the wire going from the speedometer to the ecu and if that screws something up just splice it back together

·
Registered
22 Posts
do not cut the ecu wire

Hey dont cut the ecu wire thats way more trouble than what its worth. Also i have been shopping around for a year now looking for a replacment chip but there is nothing no one will mess with the govoner. its illegal to remove it so good luck!!! if you happen to find somethin let me know

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
lol what trouble is snipping a wire?? lol its a lot easier than finding an ecu, likely $1-300, and uve been looking for a year and havent even found one!! i say cutting a wire is easier

@- who needs to go more than 115 anyway. ive only been up to 120 once and i dont really feel the need to do it again. imo the mx6 isnt a great high speed car, at least not that high of speeds. if a deer or something ran out in front of you or something and you had to swerve, theres no way you wouldnt loose control in the mx6 at over 110. i ussually dont go over 90 and even that is some times exessive........

·
Registered
121 Posts
one of the guys on the uk forum had a similar problem with a j-spec 2.5 do a search and see if you can find the thread.
115 is cruising speeds over here , but again some of us are used to cruising at 120 ~130

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Axl said:
one of the guys on the uk forum had a similar problem with a j-spec 2.5 do a search and see if you can find the thread.
115 is cruising speeds over here , but again some of us are used to cruising at 120 ~130
youre talking kilometers per hour, we're talking miles per hour

·
Registered
121 Posts
no, trust me i'm talking MPH, the UK has always resisted Europe law when it comes to getting rid of Imperial measurements. although i can understand why you're surprised, fortunatly the main limit is 70MPH on our motorway (your freeway or interstate) but the average traffic speed on these roads is about 85. the police leave you alone most of the time if your speed is under 100 MPH

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
umm... im topping 4th gear out at 105 so i really dont think youre 'just getting into 4th' at 115...

and its not illegal to remove a speed goveroner.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've gotta agree with stage36 on the gearing there. In fact though, ever since i've rebuilt my engine it seems to top out even earlier. I was racing a GSR a while back, and if i remember corectly, it seemed that i topped out even earlier than 115.!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Porkitch said:
}) I got a 1993 mx6 and i have found a chip to allow my car to go faster then stock. Well actually my friend has stock in a company and he got it for me.. the chip is running for about 400 bones and i can do easily 140 but havent got the balls to go over 67 hundred rpm
if youve got an ls like ur profile says u dont need a chip to go faster. the ls isnt governed. and ud be lucky to get ur car to 140 if its stock, or mildly modified......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
93 mazda mx6 2.0 list of mods 75 shot nitrous,jet-chip,custom intake,ground wire kit,lightened pulley,headers,exhaust- top speed 135 mph

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
you people crack me up with some of the stuff you say.

We need a new rule around here........

Must be registered for at least 30 days before you can post......

that way...all the peeps with questions like.....

"which oil filter is the right one?"

"why does my 93 80k v6 hard stall around 70mph and start back up in a few seconds?"

"why does my four banger cut out at 115?"

"why are my rear brakes stickin'?"

... will be answered before they post.

I ALWAYS search before I ask somebody....it's just way quicker......and you don't have to wait for joe schmo to give you an answer.........

Oh one quick question......Can SOMEBODY please tell me why my car makes this beeping sound when my keys are in the ignition and I open my door!?!?!?

Sorry just my two cents cuz I feel like bein a f(_)ckin pr1ck today.

PS........anyone ever hear the green lantern invasion cd?? It's pretty dope, I suggest you go find it somewhere...like burn it

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
tre_d said:
you people crack me up with some of the stuff you say.

hey youre pretty smart. BTW my car makes a ticking noise when i cold start... what could it be?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts