Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I had the mx6 in the shop earlier this week and checked the ignition timing. Looked up what the timing should be (can't remember what it said). Any ways this is my KLZE w/ DE us disty and JDM ecu/vaf. We messed around with adjusting the timing and even with it advanced all the way (with in the degrees range listed) it was idling very rough. Then it was a pita to try and start, so we messed with it some more and if I remember right we had it advanced 18deg over the max listed to get it to idle smoothly. Has any one else had this problem? Also my IAC sensor is all peckered up for whatever reason so I am dealing with that too, it is just unplugged for the time being.

·
Registered
316 Posts
sounds like your timing belt is off one or two teeth, the distly is driven off the cam gears, so if your valve timing is off your ignition timing will be off as well

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked, double checked, then triple checked my timing belt before even putting the cover back on when the engine was out of the car. I also have brand new timing belt, pulleys, and tensioner. Is there a possibility of any other issues or is it most likely timing has jumped a tooth?

·
RXLS1
1,668 Posts
Just check your compression. If its off then boom, cam timing is most likely off. If not, you saved yourself tearing it all down.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks. I will do this soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts