Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a nice ass car though. Brand new Toyota Celica with exhaust, rims, tach, chip, and intake as it turns out. Kinda ricey. I wasn't real sure if I'd win or not, but, I figured what the hell. Got up next to him and revved it. I turned a corner to the right and went slow so he could catch up. Well, he turned and punched it before he got to me, the little bitch. I floored it in second at about 40 and he was pulling slowly away all the way to 80 or so. I got up next to him and asked him what he had done, and he said just about everything possible. Basically boiled down to the list above. Nice car though, for a ricer.

G

·
I don't wanna here you lost to a turbo car again...
If you up the boost in that baby.. you will smoke his salami,, and if you want put a G-Force Race Gas chip in there and run HI-Octane.. poor little celica wont know what happened..

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a modded GT-S - A 2001 model, no turbo, but, those little engines are pretty stout anyway.
I AM gonna up the boost, next week I'm buying a Jahmarr ECU upgrade, and look out, here comes 14 psi! <stock turbo, saving for an RX-7 upgrade>

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I think those GT-S celicas are 180hp stock, sounds like he didn't beat you too bad!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, he was pulling, but, it was off a romp. I'm a pretty good driver and I would have LOVED to run it from the line. Oh well, some other time maybe. I bet I catch him on the drag one of these days.

[Edited by TexasMX6GT on 04-06-2001 at 02:21 PM]

G

·
Again... I drove the GT-S.. and it's butt slow... If you upgrade your mazda you will reburn his smoke, if he made any..

you will be making around 240HP with only boost and chip and intake ...send your ECU out to me I will upgrade that baby for you..

later

[email protected]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brad, I appreciate the offer, but, I'm getting one that's already upgraded, and the guy sold his MX-6. Jahmarr did the upgrade, and I'm getting the ECU for $125.
But, just out of curiosity, how much do you charge for the upgrade? I've heard Jahmarr does a good job, but, in case I don't like it I may be in the market.

G

·
I already have given people prices for $100 bones...
socketed.. with old chip sent back.. etc etc...you'll love it..

G

·
what results have u had from your work "brads"? I wish i could find a place near by to do up my ECu for me! I need my car everyday and wouldn't be able to send my chip anywhere

G

·
Madd Dogg...

Do you know how to solder.. It's only a 28pin eprom... it's simple in car ECU standards.. alot of the new cars are Surface mount.. well they are simple too..when you have the right tools... If you desolder the chip , replace with a socket.. and i will send you the new firmware on a new eprom.. to put in there.. so then you can turn up the boost all the way.. and no more fuel cut... And the timing is changed also...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Kind of like adding a mod chip to a playstation...which is NOT a good idea to get around things.

G

·
It is a good idea actually,,, otherwise sell the car.. because it's no fun stock...
I've had the boost turned up for years now.. with no damage.. they just overbuilt that little 4banger...

I happily smoke people daily in my dusty 11 year old gt...

P.S. why isn't a playstation mod a good idea.. i've had one of those for years too!!...

excuses excuses.....tisk tisk... just do it!!

enjoy!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cause I bought one of them damn PSX's with the mod chips on ebay and the thing hangs up after 10 minutes!

·
Registered
231 Posts
HEY THOSE 2001 GT-Ss ARE IN THE 14s STOCK SO THEY ARE NOT THAT SLOW! READ SPORT COMPACT YOU WILL SEE WHAT I'M TLAKIN ABOUT!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts