Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received am Infinity 1232W sub from my best friend for christmas. This obviously got me a bit excited, and I can't wait to put this puppy in. However I am going to wait till weather gets better to do any work. Right now I wouold just like to know if putting the sub in a 4th degree bandpass box is a good idea. It only requires for a 2.5 ft3 total box volume so that's not all that bad.

I have a good pioneer HU (deh7400mp), but need an amp now. Being a student I can't afford anything marvelous, so I was wondering what amp could I get that will power the sub for a reasonable price?

Lastly I have an extra battery which I plan on putting in the trunk to power the sub, I was just wondering what kind oflife expectany am I looking for from the battery?

Thanks for all the help, just trying to learn something.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Make sure the battery is a "gel cell" or sealed AGM type, you do not want a regular lead acid piece back there if you have another option. See the "low voltage/dimming lights" sticky for directions on hooking one up, or do a search, it has been covered, and it's pretty simple.

Which Infinity sub is it? Is it single or dual voicecoil? What resistance (ohms) is/are the voicecoil(s)? Amp recomendations will depend on that info. ;)

Bandpass is best in a common chamber vehicle like a hatchback or SUV, if you have a Probe than it's a great idea. In a trunk, a regular ported box is best, unless you want to go all the way and install the bandpass enclosure with the vent cut through the rear deck. Awesome results, tough and reletively permanent install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts