Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your opinions on my tail lights. I wanna do covers like Jorge has on his 6. My car is red, so I am trying to figure out if black vinyl or red vinyl would look better. Any opinions are appreciated. Even if you think I should leave it the way it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey.. I have a red car and I HAD red taillight vinyl covers.. you can see pics at http://mx6.n3.net .. i took them off because I didn't like them much, I ended up spraying my taillights all red like the M-edition ones..looks cooler in my opinion

jason

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here is an idea that I had long time ago, but never try it. First use masking tape to cover up the design that you wanted on the tailligts(circles, or squares or whatever), then use the black paint to spray the taillights. Then remove the masking tape, and spray the taillights again with the black transparentcy paint over the whole thing.

The effect will looks almost like the J-spec RX-7 taillights, it will look black in its appearance, but when you step on the brake, only circles of light will show up.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Same problem...

Yeah, I have a red mx-6, too. Pretty bummed about the color anyway, but my agravation only increased when I thought about doing the tails and realized there's no color that would actually look good. Just gonna have to either wait till it's re-painted charcoal, or till they make altezza lights.

Damn...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts