Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I ordered the right stuff...
My application was for a 1986 626 Turbo 2.0 FE, I got the crank bearings for that too. Do they have the bearing notches on the right side? Crank and bearings shipped came out to $221.30
HV oil pump was $120 shipped.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
from what I was reading, I think I ordered the wrong rod bearing. Is this true? I have a genuine fe3 and ordered rod bearings for an 86 626 turbo 2.0 FE

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you get rod bearings for a FE SOHC, the tang will be on the wrong side.
taken from the bottom end build up by DJ Jake.

The main bearings are all the same but the rod bearings are specific, CB-1455AL from clevite is for a genuine mazda dohc.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
YOUR BEST bet may be to remove the original rod bearings. then when you order say the CB-1455AL from clevite, you can compare them right there in the store.

otherwise, you can try comparing the tangs on bearings from the SOHC FE, and the the 95/95+ division for sportage

·
Registered
415 Posts
Shwine or any others:

Have you ordered the MS204P-10 main bearings from clevite? I have had my friend at the local performance shop contact Clevite and they said that wasn't a good number.

·
Registered
94 Posts
on the rod bearings, you need to order the kia ones. ACL also makes them with the notch on the right side for the fe3

·
Registered
415 Posts
I took it upon myself to look it up and found that the bottom end build up has a typo, the main bearing part number for Clevite is MS-2046P for tri-metal. This is a set to do the entire engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts