Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some money saved up so I can finish up my fe3t and get it running. I need to order a crankshaft kit and oil pump for my motor. I told them the crank was for an 86-87 626 turbo 2.0 FE
I found 2 crankshafts on this website:
http://www.rpmmachine.com/crankshaftkitsmazdamenu.html

one made by topline and the other made by rpm machine. I called and got prices from them. The RPM crank is $279.54 and the topline crank is $198. the topline crank comes with topline bearings. and the rpm crank comes with ACL bearings. I am not sure which to get. I don't know how good of a brand topline is.
I also found a High Volume Toga oil pump for $119.
thanks , any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
not that far yet :-(, first time round just some cheap ones, putting it in NA to start with, will look into quality bearing when i get onto boosting things.

fred.

·
Registered
415 Posts
acl is a good bearing, id prolly go with the rpmmachine crank. With a all the money your spending id defintely avoid trying to save any money here. I'll be going with clevites tho, they are the best imo. Whered you find the Toga oil pump?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oil pump is from

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
part # OPMA-8-HV $119

Do you think I should get the RPM crank and clevitte77 bearings? I got a quote for $285 for rpm crank with clevitte bearings and $198 for the topline with acl bearings .

·
Registered
415 Posts
Its really up to you man, I havent heard anything about either crank so I dont really have too much insight there. Personally I'm going with the stock crank prolly just cleaned up and polished a bit. On bearings I've got a lot of experience because i used to work at a performance shop selling domestic parts. Every bearing we sold was clevite, but again I've heard of acl being right up there too. With these quotes, are those main bearings and rod bearings?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its comes with main and rod bearings. I think I am going to get the RPM crank and clevitte bearings.

Evo- I already have JE 8.5-1 Pistons in the motor with the factory forged rods.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Hey all them oil pumps are gonna be low pressure (I think) for the FE3

The F2 and the FE3 run about 10 psi apart, and the Kia is the same pressure as the F2 (can't remember the exact pressures, but the F2/Kia FE3 are right around 65, and the Mazda FE3 is almost 75) with them being aftermarket it might be different, but you might want to check on it...

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
the pressure relief spring and the condition of the bearings/seals sets the pressure, the oil pump is positive displacement, if it werent for the relief valve you'd be blowing up oil filters like they were frams (like balloons). if the pump moves the same volume then no change, if it moves more, then pressure could go up if flow through the relief is low.

just realised that the pressure relief setup is in the pump. does it come with a new one? is that you you meant matt? or do you swap across your old one? either way, it could be shimmed up to make more pressure.

fred.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Why not use an F2t crank and just have your wrist pin relocated? The way I see it is it costs you no more than having duplicated stock FE pistons made. Then you get a 2.3L for the same price yes?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts