Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aiight, I'm getting ready to order my exhaust (finally) and I was wondering if many of you have ordered your parts offline and if you know of the most reliable, cheapest if possible place to order from. I was looking into getting the greddy system since I've heard so many wonderful things about it....or if any of you know of anything just as good as the greddy please feel free to voice your opinion. :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it will not give me much power, but I dont want a universal muffler...if ur gonna do something do it all the way. CAI is only 200 bucks, i have more than enough for that and a full cat back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Four weeks ago I had a custom made cat back exhaust with a magnaflow muffler and a ractive tip. It cost $575 (cdn) and its stainless steel. Looks great, sounds awesome, not that cheesy lawnmower sound civics make with an exhaust and the difference in power is felt everywhere.
It took weeks to find someone to to this job with the right products, so don't rush into something just for the sake of change and you'll be happy with the end product. IT'S YOUR CAR!!!
I'm enjoying my 6 more than ever and I get compliments about almost every day about the exhaust note!

·
Registered
219 Posts
hey KRYKCR I think you are right If you are going to do something do it your way but dont be cheap about it.Always remember this rule that I learned customizing the cars before my 6.If you buy parts just to have them and they were cheap you are wasting money.save the money you are going to buy that poorly crastmanshipped piece and get the name brand piece.

Ex=People make there own CAI out of 33"pvc from home depot.Are you really going to go to a show with that?It looks like crap comared to my intake with a chromed alum intake tube w/APEXI power filter.Just my .02 though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I know I know, I'm not going to be cheap, I just want the best deal possible, not poor products tho.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nothin wrong with saving cash...

Nothing wrong with saving a few bucks here and there...... example... I bought my 18s used..... with an almost new set of Nitto 555's...... got them for 300 plus shipping on Ebay... and I made my own new shift boot cuz I hate the factory mazda one... looks like shit with my knob...... and the aftermarket ones dont fit right at all..... it took me an hour and cost me 9 bucks.. You just gotta know where to save some money and where you are justified to spend it......

Just my thoughts......

Mike

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear ya man, I wanna get the best possible deals. I was thinking about buying some used rims, just because new ones are like 700+ and I dont really want to spend that much on them plus new tires which will run at least 400. Sooooo, we're back at saving some money now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts