Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the springs on my car a while back for some sports one but left the original shock absorbers on. The transformation was unbelievable and the handling is just great.

Would I see any bigger improvments if I changed the shock absorbers as well for some sports one.

The current ride is hard on town roads but super smooth on the outer town roads and motorways.

In the past I have always changed both but never really knew where the improvements were coming from, as I said before, now the car is lower and on 17's the grip and handling especially on corners and roundabouts is really good.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I would change the struts, to a gas strut. I guess it depends on how long the ones you have on the car now have been on the car. But what i have read and what has been said, changing the struts is a good idea.
BTW, you have struts not shocks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
you will definatley see a greater improvement in performance if you were to add struts now. The ride would probably be a little rougher depending on the struts though. With aftermarket springs on you stock struts you are going to wear them out a lot faster and they will probably no dampen the bounce from the spring as much as a set of good gas struts will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts