Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard anything good/bad about Orion audio amps? I have heard that they are pretty good, but I wanted some other opinions. Anyone know about the Orion XTR 500 amp in particular?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have heard that Orion make really good stuff I would say that if you have the money for an Orion amp then get one. If you can I would try to get the HCCA amp I have heard that they are sick!

·
Registered
321 Posts
orian makes decent stuff. the xtr series is alright I beleive for the money there are better amps on the market. my opinion. but if you really like orion then I would have to agree the hcca are really good but they cost a bit much. It also depends what your after. raw power or clean consistant power. If you are not looking for earth shattering bass I would recommend the Xtant amps preferably the X series. that is if money is not an issue. or the A series. But if you are a bass head which you may be if you are looking at orion stick with the HCCA stuff. they are very powerful.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not really that big of a fan of orion, i'm more of an audiobahn guy myself. i just saw this orion amp on ebay and was wondering about it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
oh ok well how is that autobanh stuff. I have seen it rise inpopularity over the last 2 years or so. But if that is what you like I would stick with that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Audiobahn is some of the best quality audio products for the dollar. the subs hit great and I see a huge rise in popularity where I live.

R

·
0 Posts
this amp kicks ass

yo i just got the ORION XRT500.4 not long ago and it is sweet

i got it running a component set of a/d/s speakers in the front and a set of eclipse coaxs in back and it sounds unbelieveable

i knew my a/d/s speakers were sweet before just running off the head unit but man, off this orion amp they are loud as hell and clear as hell

this amp is very good, trust me, ive run many amps,
right now im running a phoenix gold zx600ti amp i spent i shitload on for subs

but i picked up the orion amp for dirt cheap, less than $200 new and this amp owns

G

·
0 Posts
i ran a hcca 275g4 to 1 hcca 12" 2 ohm dvc subwoofer. hit low - mid 140's day in day out. very nice quality. still have the hcca amp and sub but those will be installed shortly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts