Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Taken from our website:

How thick are ThermoBlok spacers? Will they cause interference problems with other components like strut tower bars?

Outlaw Engineering chose a ¼" thickness for the insulating material as striking the best balance between heat blocking characteristics and the need to fit within today's compact engine bays. Each Outlaw Engineering kit contains all the parts and instructions necessary for making the insulators operational on a stock engine. If you have added aftermarket equipment such as a strut tower bar, you will need to determine if the bar will clear the ¼" shifted manifold. If interference does exist, most bars can be slightly modified to fit with bending or spacers.

I agree with you, I would suggest going with the KLZE spacer kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Outlaw Engineering has now received 12 bulk buy orders. Shipping will start on Monday, April 2nd. The bulk buy will remain open until midnight of April 5th.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
dj_swim said:
Just out of curiosity, how hard would this be to install? And what tools would it require? Thanks!

-Swim
dj,

The instructions that came with the kit were very well written and thorough. I'm humble enough to still call myself a newbie at this stuff, so if they had not been as clear as they were, I would have never attempted this mod by myself. See page 6 of my cardomain pages for my brief write-up.

Glenn

21 - 24 of 24 Posts