Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their is over spray patch's on my car from a stupid body work guy who can't paint. I can't seem to get rid of the over spray by waxing or useing a compound.

I used a compond and it started to scratch the paint and 3 detailing shops quoted me at about $200.00 bucks to have it removed. What should I do??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ask the detail shops what they would do to remove the overspray. Which steps would they take, which products would they use? $200 is reasonable. Remember, you're paying for their time as much as any "expertise". If you think you're capable of removing the offensive paint on your own using the technique/products they recommend, then by all means do.

Personally, I'd rather spend a Sunday morning on my car than shell out $200...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea

Maybe I will phone up a detailing shop and see what they recomend to use.

As for going back to the body shop I really can't because its was a friends friend who did it for very cheap. But it looks like I'm paying extra for it now.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
over spray sucks. all you need is a clay bar and some detail mist. i have done it tons of times to cars. just be careful and make sure the spot you want to clean is wet with the mist. IM me on AOL if you want to talk about it but if you can take if back to the shop then do that. that is what they will to do it, i would think. oh yea you have to polish it after you use the clay bar

·
Registered
921 Posts
overspray on top of clearcoat? If so, cant you wetsand and than add polish?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts