Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the needle way pass the normal temputure, say 3/4. But driving for a few minutes the temputure starts to creep back to normal, then creeps back to HOT. Also replaced the thermostat a 3 weeks ago any ideas? hi idle, i guess i mite look at the cold start, or EGR. and yeah the fan works

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
did it happen straight after u replaced the thermo?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Did you burp the c00ling system? Have you checked the c00lant level since then?
Last thing, sorry to ask, is it the correct thermostat...installed the correct way up?

Irratic idle after any work on the system can point to air pockets. Recheck your level.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i install the thermo stat properly, and yes, the car had no problems what so ever when i install the thermostat, just started to play up 2-3 weeks later, after instalation. coolant bottle, was between low to high.

with the high idle, must be the EGR, or cold start, dunno, check into that tommrow. is there a possibility that my radiator is block or about to die?
cheers for some info.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
try one of your Sensors on the thermostat housing. if one of them fails especially on the auto it idels high and won't tunr the fan on untill it's over 108 degress C

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hay, got bad news and good news!
good news: y it was overheating? = leakage in radiator, hence, replace it with a new one.

bad news? still having irregular revs, and when the motor is hot, theres a little bit of smoke comming out of the top part of the engine. (around the spark plugs)

any ideas? i clean my EGR vavle, with WD40, and still having a same problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts