Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the PGT friday night, yesterday i swapped everything from my mx6 that i KNOW was good/brand new...

heres problems to make a diagnosis..

The plugs look like those in ZFreak's thread when i pulled them
The car takes forever to start
Car mainly only starts when i have the throttle pinned

the kid i bought it from told me it was a sensory problem so i figured what the hell ill swap it over from my mx6...well my mx6 has like 2 more sensors then the probe does and only 2 of them swapped over instead of 3 like i hoped..i bought a new thermostat and swapped my mx6 radiator and the sensors that would fit over..
i read in a previous post sick said something about an intake manifold leak?...my buddy says its prolly the waterpump because when you turn the heater on warm air doesnt even come out when the car is overheating

and another question..what the hell is hella cool ant!?!?!?

·
Registered
940 Posts
i think what you mean is an inter hella cool er..... im not sure what it means either just a fancy name for an intercooler.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
either bad water pump (is it weeping?), also since you're getting no heat, your heater core could be plugged. try a reverse flush, see if you get any build up unplugged. also a good idea if you replace the hoses after a flush. it can cause an undo amount of strain on them.

one other thing...when your car gets hot...does it have any power? or does it putt along almost dying?

i'd take a look at your timing if this is the case, or if it feels like it's lost power. i've had a car's timing flip 180degrees on me before because of a dist not being fully tighted down. this can cause serious overheating.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well theres ALOT of pressure in the upper radiator hose, i figured maybe its possible that the headgasket might be blowing air into the cooling system...because my compression is very low and whatnot

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
if your compression is low, it's more than likely your compression rings are going bad. with a busted head gasket or cracked head you will more than likely have some exchange (exhaust gases and coolant) and the compression will be about 20% higher since water doesn't compress. it's not 100% foolproof...but next time before you start your car, take off the rad cap and then start your car. check to see if you have any exhaust gases 'boiling' up.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i pulled the water pump to check it and noticed my timing belt is shot so i figured id pull the head because i have no other culprits and might as well check pistons and the head. the car would crank forever and not start, id have to disconnect this one sensor on the thermostat housing and keep the gas floored while i tried starting it...it would eventually start but run like it had a boost leak...and if i turned it over while the rad cap was off it would shoot coolant sky high out of there......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts