Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about and stubled upon a replay that said something about overlay face guages. Where can I get some? What colors do they come in?

1 more question.... I am looking at buying a 90 Mx6 GT. It's a good deal. Less than $2000. PLaes help me know what to look for in a Turbo car that are bad signs of trouble to come. I don't have all that much money to keep the baby running. Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
check ebay for the overlays. the guy usually has them up for bid, i think i paid twenty bucks for mine. although i have to warn you these arnt very high quality. i am not even sure they are worth the paper they are printed on.....

G

·
i just bought a 1989 mx-6 gt for 1880 its awesome i love it! i really dont know much about engines yet...so i cant really help i just thought that id share. sorry

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gauge Overlays

If you take your gauge faces out and scan them and print them on some quality paper they will look good. That is what I did and you can make any color combo you want. Actaully the first time I did them at Kinkos! Now I have a scanner and printer and have been playing around with other color combos. It's pretty easy to do, I am not very good with computers, but I could do it:) Getting the gauges out is a little bit of work, but not really that difficult.

·
Registered
287 Posts
One thing to look out for on turbo engines...make sure the turbo is not leaking oil. Make sure the owner has used 91 octane or better for gas. Synthetic oil is a plus. Thats all I can offer other than the usual car checks.

Ryan

·
Registered
23 Posts
make sure the suspention is good(ball joints, tie rods, etc.) make sure there's not excessive play in the steering(usually dinged wheel edges are a warning sign to check this stuff out). make sure you check the exhaust(remember, exhaust's always rot from the inside out). check the
intercooler hoses, rev the engine to make sure you dont hear anything you probably shouldn't, check the floor
boards, C.V. boots and joint, leaks, etc. and make sure you take the thing for a test drive(drive another one like it if you can to compare the two). other than that man, your own your own.

Later, Paulo

·
Registered
287 Posts
And if you get the chance, take each spark plug out and see if there is oil on it. If so there is either bad o-rings or valve stem seals. That's a hidden problem when buying used cars.

·
Registered
318 Posts
smachan said:
check ebay for the overlays. the guy usually has them up for bid, i think i paid twenty bucks for mine. although i have to warn you these arnt very high quality. i am not even sure they are worth the paper they are printed on.....
If you can't find them on eBay, you can get them directly from here:
http://members.aol.com/anniversarygt350/imports.htm

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: Gauge Overlays

Wayman said:
If you take your gauge faces out and scan them and print them on some quality paper they will look good. That is what I did and you can make any color combo you want. Actaully the first time I did them at Kinkos! Now I have a scanner and printer and have been playing around with other color combos. It's pretty easy to do, I am not very good with computers, but I could do it:) Getting the gauges out is a little bit of work, but not really that difficult.
where do you get the paper from, and what would be the name of it, i want to this soon. can you help me out. thanks alot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts