Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive been reading on this forum for a few weeks now and i have been seeing alot of interest in the j spec v6 motor (KLZE) in these forums but i had a discussion about it with a rotory mechanic and he told me that the actual v6 motor is not a very reliable one.. im just speculating on what he told me and posting here to get some feedback. he told me that is was actually a weak motor durability wise and better off to go with a 4 cyl. which raised some questions for me. Then i looked into the GTR motor extremely reliable and more bhp than the klze. how would that swap go into my 93 mx-6.

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hello and welcome ..

Well firstly .. a 'rotary' mech told you the v6 was not reliable .. some cheek that .. :p

Well you may like to inform your rotary mech, (thats if he is'nt too busy rebulding someones motor after 30k ;) ), that the V6, looked after, is well documented to run into the 200,000+ mile bracket. Infact i decied to break my car earlier this year, the engine in that had 172k on it, fired first time, and only ever broke down once on me in 5 years due to a faulty O2 sensor. So i'm not too sure where he is getting his info from.

As for the GTR .. wel for one its intended for Rear wheel drive, so you would have to look at mating it with a front box. Then there is engine management, mounting the engine, etc etc ,, the list goes on .. if you have endless supplies of money, throw it at someone and tell them to put it in ..

My short answer is ,, forget the gtr transplant, go with the ZE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts