Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the other day... before I lost my licence (152kms in 100 zone) :(
I was following the 300ZX (EDIT: later model, not the fugly ones) and we reached the 100 zone which is this long straight :tup: he was only doing 100 so I thought lets give it a go and overtake (most of the time I like to drive about 120 :D) so I started overtaking and got about 1 car length infront and checked my blind spot and he had fricken sped up, so I say wtf and gun it still in fifth, the gauge reaches is 10psi and away I go, then I check my speedo!!! 180!!! oh and he is still right there, so I pull infront and keep my foot down check my mirror and hes dropping back :D OWNAGE, check speedo again 195kms @- NISSAN, I then dropped back to about 140 and he decided to overtake me, I let him LOL.
Almost ran out of speedo there! took ages to take the grin off my face :D

I know 300zx can go faster than 195 but maybe he was just chicken or something :shrug:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i love the Z31's...especially the special edition white Z's they had back in 88

that Z right there is about as rare as the 78 280Z Black Pearl

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
91turbo666 said:
the old 300zx are *ok* but the later design is 1000x better
i like the Z32 and Z35 designed Z's....but there's something about the overstated "80's" style that i love about cars...like the blistered fenders of the 1g MX6, or the sloped 'wedge' nose of the Z cars. It was the first thing i noticed about my 6 when i first went to see it before i bought her.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
i like the Z32 and Z35 designed Z's....but there's something about the overstated "80's" style that i love about cars...like the blistered fenders of the 1g MX6, or the sloped 'wedge' nose of the Z cars. It was the first thing i noticed about my 6 when i first went to see it before i bought her.
i like the mrk 1 mr2, the rx7 s4, even an old supra, but the z31....i dunno just didnt like it too much. after 1989 though, i loved the 300zx. even the 350z doesnt look as badass and isnt sportin 2 turbos either:D nothin like the hurricane spoolin sound under the bonnet of a 300zx tt

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
shift_v6 said:
z35 wow ur gettin ahead of everyone there..didnt know there was a z35
yes...chassis/body style to the G35 and nissan 350z...you just don't hear it often...just like you don't hear someone call a 70's Z car an S30

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
This reminds me of a cruise a while ago, and it was 3 lanes... 300zx turbo, mx6, mx6... I went behind the 300zx thinking it would probably be quicker (I had the quicker of all the mx6's).

Now I won't lie, the other MX6's weren't stock... but still the 300zx got smashed... and it was trying. By 3rd I got annoyed as the other 2 cars where already 3 car lengths in front. I just changed lanes and shot past him and went in front. They really aren't all that quick.

He didn't try after that....

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
91turbo666 said:
LMAO where do you find things like that, theyre awesome
dunno, just have shitloads of stupid things on my computer... everytime i see something funny *rightclick > save target as * :lol:

.... same goes with pics of mx6's..... i have sooooo many.:jump:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
tavarish said:
i'm pretty sure the chassis is called the Z33...
i've heard it called both :shrug:

the germans call it the Z35, even have a site dedicated to it like we do here...hahah

just need a VIN to verify :)

EDIT: both wrong...it's Z34 :lol:

·
Registered
172 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
i've heard it called both :shrug:

the germans call it the Z35, even have a site dedicated to it like we do here...hahah

just need a VIN to verify :)

EDIT: both wrong...it's Z34 :lol:
Nissan factory Service Manual say Z33....and that's the chassis code.

The only Z34 I know of is a Chevy.

>'89 is Z31, 90-96 is Z32, and 2002 on is Z33.

I dont know, maybe the roadster is a 34, but I doubt it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts