Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions about the oxygen sensor, and yes, I have done a search.

1. I noticed a frayed end of a wire comming from the wiring harness connecting to the oxygen sensor. The wire for the oxygen sensor is fine, but if i follow it up to the connector, and then up to neer the distributor, it goes into a tube. Also comming out of the "tube" is what looks like a frayed end of a wire. Is this supposed to be grounded or attached to something? It currently is just there, attached to nothing. Will this screw up my oxygen sensor readings?

2. I want to replace my oxygen sensor, how are the bosch ones? How do I know if mine is working well? The car is running pretty good, but the sensor is due to replace. Would i notice a difference?

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Please pardon my ignorance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive heard bosch makes one for like $18, except you have to splice the wire. Is this correct?

Any comments on my frayed wire? Please?!

·
Registered
854 Posts
the frayed wire is only a sheild... to protect the actual O2 sensor wire from external EMI interference... so no worries.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It would be better if you bought a four wire o2 sensor. Cause this heats up the sensor from when the motor is started, which gives the most correct reading from a cold and normal operating temperatues, which means better running engine, better fuel economy, better performance!

:idea:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Except, the factory wiring harness only has 1 wire, so, where are you gonna put the other 3?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thats for me to know, and you to find out! Not called top secret for nothing!;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts