Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the wheel position on the OZ version of the MX6, what are the other differences? Are there any taillights/headlight differences? Any thing that would be worth doing on a American version? I will be in OZ in FEB and wanted to know if I should visit any boneyards when I am there. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
OZ......wizard of OZ should point you in the right direction..lol.. I can figure out what OZ is actually.lol Little help please..hehe. The eroupean headlights are ok, somebody on here wants a set, and the taillights are like our 1988 (maybe 1989 too?) versiorn, except the yellow is on top and the red is on bottom. They look kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oz is Australia. I will be in New Zealand and Australia for 3 weeks, and maybe wanted to pick something up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The headlights are kinda neat. They're separate lamps for low beam and high beam. Most likely use H3 lamps, and are probably a hell of a lot better than our crappy DOT lamps. Would be perfect for a HID conversion too.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. If you can get the wiring harnesses with the OZ lamps. Use of crimp style wire-taps is a fairly un-intrusive way of tying into the stock system.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Manifest said:
Other than the wheel position on the OZ version of the MX6, what are the other differences? Are there any taillights/headlight differences? Any thing that would be worth doing on a American version? I will be in OZ in FEB and wanted to know if I should visit any boneyards when I am there. :)
You mentioned wheel postiton, but I think wheel integrity is an issue too. I mean with gold brick roads, thats gotta wear em down eventually.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There's a regional forum for the Aussie boys, just poke around there and I'm sure someone's got a site with a few pics on it...
Beach.
'91 GT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts