Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard conflicting storries about whether or not the pacesetter header for the 2.2 n/a probe will fit a 2.2 n/a mx6. Does anyone have one installed on their car, or know of anyone who has? I'm looking for a "yes it will bolt in, no problem," "no it will not fit," or "it will fit with some modification." Basically, If anyone has any real experience with this header, then I'd love to hear from you.
I hope that that didn't come out negative. You guys are great.
thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
it will fit.

the quality of pacesetter makes whether or not it will, yes fit and yes it will fit with modification. i have been researching these myself and found bad stories about the holes not lining up, among other things. but then again i have read stories about it fitting like a glove. i guess it is a toss up whether or not u get a good one. one other thing i have read said something about the down pipe sticking down another 2" from the bottom of the car. that kind of scares me if it is indeed true. i dont have that kind of room under my car for it to stick down like that.

i guess the price makes up for the quality.

·
Registered
134 Posts
JC Whittney has the pacesetter hedders....

I just looked in my JC catalog and the have the Pace Setter hedder for the Probe. It comes in both ceramic coated and the regular black painted one. Here are the prices-

regular-124.95
ceramic coated-229.95

and if your order is over $125 you get free shipping. I think I'm going to order the ceramic coated one. Just thought I'd post this since we're on the hedder issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong.....

I was browsing arounf http://www.paeco.com, and I e-mailed them about some parts for a 2.2 n/a. They should have some headers for our cars.. don't know the cost yet. Correct me if I am wrong again....

·
Registered
405 Posts
jc whitney may list them, but do they have them in stock? if so i wouldnt mine picking up another, armor coated this time. it is only a matter of time before this one rusts away. then when they dont sell them any more i have a new one to put on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey smachan

Smachan. Are you going to post any pics of the header?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Smachan.....

Yeah sorry they don't have the ammor-coated one in stock I went to their website yesterday and they only have the blk painted one in stock.

Bummer,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts