Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The regular uncoated Pacesetter headers go for about $130, but the ceramic coated ones go for up to $350. Ceramic coating has three benefits on the Pacesetters: keeps heat down, keeps rust from forming, and keeps leaks from forming. It sounds like if you got an uncoated header and powder coated it, the last 2 conditions would be solved, plus you would save a lot of money. I understood it that it costs about $50 to get a wheel powdercoated, so it can't be that much more to get the headers coated. Is there something I'm missing? Can powder coat take the heat? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you don't have pacesetter headers yet, DON'T GET THEM! Go with bosal or brospeed or something. I wouldn't get even the new ceramic coated stuff until they've been around the block a few times.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I agree with bulletride the pacesetter suck, u get more horspwer taking at the passgenger seat, its a waste go with boral, hotshot or a new company called paeco, they are 290 not coated

·
Registered
321 Posts
headers

damn if pacesetter is so bad why do they even sell the stuff. This is good to know I was in the process of odering those headers. I am glad I read this. Hey where can I get the hotshots from? those Brospeeds are really expensive at least at my local performance shop.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Mx64u2catch said:
I agree with bulletride the pacesetter suck, u get more horspwer taking at the passgenger seat, its a waste go with boral, hotshot or a new company called paeco, they are 290 not coated
paeco has been around since 1964 dude...LOL and have you checked into jet coating? its $150 for grey and $180 for black, white, red, blue, or "aluminum".

its just past the experimental stage and theyve been using it on piston tops of nitrous/supercharged engines to withstand the extra heat.

·
Registered
281 Posts
HAHAHA :D
Memories of the smiles we... :)

Hehe I've read all this before on Probetalk. I suggest going over there and doing a search on headers, you find all sorts of debates both from people who hate/love pacesetter to a set of hotshots that caused an engine fire, etc.

If you could find a good deal on pacesetter, you should get them and then send them to a machine shop where they can change the slip fitting into a flanged fitting like the brospeeds. Checks for leaks first though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts