Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Anyone here have one? My MX-6 will need a new exhaust and its the only one I can find. Interested in pics vids and opinions.
thats a pacesster catback with 3inch downpipe and t3/t4

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Nice, I'll probably get one then, can you recommend a new cat too?
Im using catco high flow cat but you can use any aftermarket high flow cat

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I was looking at the Catco, $300 for everything on SummitRacing.com.
I paid $50 for it on ebay,i i bought it. check ebay for high flow cat

·
Registered
959 Posts
not a bad exhaust, especially for the $$. good flow, all mandrel bent.
the SS ones seem to be more popular and I believe that someone does make them, but i don't know who. However, they're 3X the $ for 2X the lifespan of the piping. Only issue is that the down pipe for the PS exhaust hangs a bit low if you get the headers, and some people have had issues trying to hook up the EGR pipe to the headers. The muffler IMO is wonderful, i grew up with the Monza exhausts on older British sports cars and some Italian ones. Personally i dislike the spud cannons that seem to be so popular. Unfortunately, the guts to the PS muffler are also made out of mild steel and will be gone in about 5 years, and they don't sell the mufflers as a separate unit. Either you'll have to buy the whole cat back system again, or source another muffler to attach.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
not a bad exhaust, especially for the $$. good flow, all mandrel bent.
the SS ones seem to be more popular and I believe that someone does make them, but i don't know who. However, they're 3X the $ for 2X the lifespan of the piping. Only issue is that the down pipe for the PS exhaust hangs a bit low if you get the headers, and some people have had issues trying to hook up the EGR pipe to the headers. The muffler IMO is wonderful, i grew up with the Monza exhausts on older British sports cars and some Italian ones. Personally i dislike the spud cannons that seem to be so popular. Unfortunately, the guts to the PS muffler are also made out of mild steel and will be gone in about 5 years, and they don't sell the mufflers as a separate unit. Either you'll have to buy the whole cat back system again, or source another muffler to attach.
I don't plan on getting a header, since I have a turbo. Right now I just need a cheap cat back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This is a picture of my catback

Custom catback, resonatorless. Sounds very deep. Girls complain about excessive vibration in the back seat:) However I admit it is quite loud.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Best exhaust in the world:

2.5" straight through, catco hi-flow cat

·
Registered
951 Posts
make sure you get the one for the v6 probe. its a larger diatmeter than the turbo one.

·
Registered
652 Posts
make sure you get the one for the v6 probe. its a larger diatmeter than the turbo one.
:tup: true...come w/ a dual tip muffler too. I run this exhaust 2.5" turboback, w/ a hi-flo cat towards the rear as a resonator. Not offensively loud but a nice deep growl:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts