Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this cat-back system on their car? I just bought it and got it in the mail today and won't get to put it on until tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone else had it and liked/disliked it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea i have it, i've been satisfied with it, i didn't really like the sound it made though, although i installed the headers at the same time so that had an impact on it, but i replaced the muffler with a tsudo... and it sounds nice... but the performance gain is definately noticable in the top end.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The only thing you really need to worry about is if you live in an area with snow becasue it will rust out. But other than that I have heard they sound ok for the first then the muffler goes bad and gets raspy, but that is not all the cases with pacesetters some times they dont do that but most do.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Before puttin it on id spray it with 1200 temp paint you can get at an auto store and weld it on quick and run the car for a while to bake the paint. Or if your not in a hurry spray it and bake it at 500 degrees. Thats what i do.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
ozmojo1 said:
just curious......what would you do if everyone said they didnt like it?
Probably change the muffler ;) Someone on PT also said that they change the material on the piping, they now are aluminize :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I put it on tonight, and I'm pretty satisfied. I may change the muffler at a later date but not until i get a set of headers and see what that sounds like. I don't want it to be obnoxiously loud so I'll see how the header affects it when i get it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
theres just sucha shortage of exhausts available for this car. i mean for an integra you can get a full stainless exhaust off ebay for under $300. the only exhaust on the market for the MX6 under $400 is the pacesetter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts