Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my problem is just that. When the caliper "relaxes", the pads do not move away from the rotor. Is that what the two V-springs are supposed to do?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, sorry, this is the front pads. The piston is fine, it's the pads themselves that won't retract. I do have some scoring on the caliper lower guide pin, which I'll replace asap, but it's the pads themselves that are the problem. I'm thinking that the anti-rattle springs have lost some of their oomph, and need replacement. does this sound feasible?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Is it causing the car to slow as if the brakes were still on? or do you just hear the pads rubbing against the rotor?

Yes, those spring clips CAN wear out and loose teir coil. The only problem that I had was when i went to Mazda to get a replacement set, they said "it only comes with the pads so you'll have to buy Mazda pads in order to get the spring clips". I said my goodbyes and went to a parts store and got them separately.... forget how much though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a dealership response.

I just got a brake hardware set from Pepboys for $10.99, and I'll see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts