Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93' LS and my hood doesnt quite sit right. It was that way when i first got it. I was thinking about getting a bra for it but i heard a bra recks the paint job. They said that it traps in the moisture and leaves an ugly bra stain. Is this true? is there anything i can do to fix the hood? Thanx

·
Registered
806 Posts
No Bras!......

I would drop the bra idea, it does leave a bra mark in my experiences. As far as evening out the front of your hood, try moving the rubber bumpers in the top of the radiator rail to even out the hood if that is the problem.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sjlax4 said:
I have a 93' LS and my hood doesnt quite sit right. It was that way when i first got it. I was thinking about getting a bra for it but i heard a bra recks the paint job. They said that it traps in the moisture and leaves an ugly bra stain. Is this true? is there anything i can do to fix the hood? Thanx
I dont know I personaly like Bras on cars....depending on the car of course...Im about to invest in one for my MX6.

The scuff marks left by bras can be avoided, if you wax your car on a regular basis. Thats what ive found with my previous cars.

Also make sure if you do use a Bra make sure its clean and so is the car prior to putting it on. Let the car dry properly after washing before putting it on.

[Edited by SideFX on 04-05-2001 at 11:13 PM]

·
Registered
44 Posts
...dont put a bra on the MX6, just isn't a car that looks good with one. Also they do wreck the paint unless properly maintained. Each time it gets wet its' best to take it off and properly dry it and the car before it is put back on. Stuff can get under it and then driving the wind causes the bra to vibrate, scratches the paint if stuff is underneath.

Just don't waste your money on a bra, every friend that put one on has taken it off within a year and been mad 'cause the paint under it is totally different then the rest of the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hood right.. it fits fine it doesnt move or anything but at the end of it it hangs over a little bit and doesnt connect to the bottom part. It just kinda hangs over. I can see the rubber pad underneath it. One of my friends suggested moving the hood back? When i first saw it i thought i was in an accident because it didnt quite sit right. Maybe I can get a picture up here and show ya. I thought the bra might cover it but i guess eveyones against it. So is there anything else?
Thanx guys

·
Registered
192 Posts
It will be fine

I think the discretion is over whether or not it looks good. I would not worry about scratching the paint or leaving a stain because if your care about your car, you wont let it happen. People say they mess your paint up....YA....they are right if you go to the beach and pour sand under it!! I've had one on my old car and a little tlc (clean regularly, wax once in a while) along with keeping the bra itself clean on the inside you will have no problems at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts