Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Paint Job...which color???

962 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Angel 
#1 ·
Okay, I need help. I have decided that my car is in desperate need for a paint job...in other words, clear coats peeling off, tiny cracks, and I hate the color green on cars (no offense to people who have green 6's). I am torn between three colors, and I figured that you all might be able to help. The first color on my list is House Of Kolor's Candy Tangerine orange, you know Nissan's new Z-car, that's about what it looks like... guys color :eek: The second color that I have chosen is Valspar Olympic Blue, cotton candy would describe it well or the color of Winterfresh gum. Third color, Ferrari Red, if you don't know what it looks like, umm, let's see, you knokw the color of those clear lighters at the gas station that are kinda pink, kinda purple, kinda red? That's about the color. My favorite is the Ferrari Red, but the blue, I like blue, it's my favorite color, but I think that it might be too bold of a look for me. Yes, the interior will change, black stays, everything else goes, new vinyl, new seats, blah blah blah. So please, indulge me on your choice colors and help me decide what color to pick. Thanks, Angel :p

#2 ·
if I actually had the money to do a full repaint, I'd probably do the orange, just cause it's crazy

the red is probably your best, it looks really good on this car particularly and is easy to match with all the interior stuff.

blue is nice (regardless of shade) but it's been done before

just out of curiosity, have you got a price estimate on the body repaint? i might need to budget for this

#5 ·
Price estimate: $1500-$2500, unfortunately, I couldn't get too exact because we had some very nasty weather today, didn't take my car out, but I called around to a few places and these are the prices that they gave me. Hope that I helped, at the looks of it, my paint jobs going to have to wait a bit longer so that I can get all the body mods done first. }) Angel

#8 ·
My car is red and I think that's one of the best color for 6's. Second choice would be the blue color on the new Ferrari 550 Maranello. Looks great with the tan leather interior.

I had mine repainted red 2 months ago. The cost was $2,500 for a total repaint (same color).

That included:
- Repair of dents.
- Removal/reinstallation of exhaust.
- Cleaning of underside of car prior to new undercoat.
- Masking of radiator opening (Some shops will just spray the radiator).
- Removal of all moldings and wiper arms, repainting them black and reinstallation.
- Painting the door sills.
- New black undercoating on underside of car.

I didn't want a typical paint job where the wheel wells, etc. had red overspray in them. You'll have to pay extra for a shop that pays attention to detail.

Even $2,500 is cheap for a color change. Are they going to paint the inside of the doors/jambs, engine compartment, trunk, around sunroof? You don't want to leave all those areas green.

#9 ·
The shop that I talked to with the 2500 said that that would be cheapest just with the color change, I am sure that I will have to add a few hundred to what they told me to get my car perfect, but that's all that really matters to me, because my car is perfect and it has to have a perfect paint job to go along with it. :E

#12 ·
at least u didn't call it a vtec blue...lol.
Its called vapor blue and cold noodle already suggested it. hey i like the autumn orange used on some ford ***us's ( and yes i meant to spell focus that way.)

#13 ·
Angel here is my 2 cents. I like the orange. I was quoted a price of 1800 bones for a repaint and I was going purple that is found on the new benz S500 but I have opted for the rust orange that is on the volvo C70 you know the car from that movie the saint. I think that the limited edtion miata sported this colour aswell. the orange on the new z would be surely different go orange.

#14 ·
thanks you guys, you've been a big help, I believe that I will go with the orange, I'm going to take my car down to a pro shop first where they will put it on the computer and show me what it looks like with the color.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.