Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to what the going rate for a New Paint Job would be there in the states. I am in Japan and they want and ungodly amount of money to paint my car. Im just curious as to how much different it is here than there. Lets put it this way, I went to 2 different shops, one shop said it would cost 200,000yen which, at the current exchange rate, is $1755.00. The other shop quoted me at 150,000yen which is $1315.00. Are these totally outrageous prices or what?? Now these shops are professional shops, so maybe thats the reason for the price, I dont know. Just curious as to what it costs there to get a nice paint job for your car...

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello!!!

Well, paint jobs range from 300 dollars to 10,000 for the best paint job. First off you should ask them which paint they use, do they just paint onto the old paint, do they take all the weatherstrips, windows, etc off. Well, good paints cost a bunch of money by the gallon. You might want to inform around, if they could use the paint that you give to them to paint the car. Well, I tried my best...good luck.

anthony

·
Registered
166 Posts
sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had my car repainted the factory red color 2 months ago. The original paint was pretty badly faded and had a lot of chips on the front end and some small dents, dings and scratches elsewhere. The shop used Glazurit paint which is a high quality and durable paint used on BMW, MB, Ferrari, etc. The cost was $2,500 for a total repaint.

That included:
- Repair of dents.
- Removal/reinstallation of exhaust.
- Cleaning of underside of car prior to new undercoat.
- Masking of radiator opening (Some shops will just spray the radiator).
- Removal of all moldings and wiper arms, repainting them black and reinstallation.
- Painting the door sills.
- New black undercoating on underside of car.

I didn't want a typical paint job where the wheel wells, etc. had red overspray in them. You'll have to pay extra for a shop that pays attention to detail. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts