Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 1993 green mx-6 that has spent a good number of its days outdoors. The paint started to oxidize about a year ago. Does anyone know if mazda had a bad batch of green paint in 93? I have noticed several green mx-6 on the road with my same oxidation problem. I have never had this happen to a car before and I am concerned that Mazda used shotty materials. Am I worrying over nothing? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've noticed oxidization on many colored older Mazdas. My navy 91 RX-7 did it, as did same colored 626s, The 93'ish green MX-6s in this area (Mississippi) are also oxidizing around the top half.

My white 95 isn't. I guess it's just colors.

Tyson

·
Registered
22 Posts
well i have the same problem near the gas tank and near the top of the Sunroof and its from being out in the sun dont worry about it, if you just wash your car and wax the oxidized spots then it will go away. Try using Turtle Wax Color cure.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
use a Body Scrub, the product has cut in it and will removal most of it after a few times you use it. Try to keep the car polished at least 1st a month with products from, Meguiar's or Mothers. Or go to a Car Detailing place and ask them if they have any products from Auto Magic. If so, tell them you want something that has nothing but CUT in it, we called it DUZALL! later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IF U DIDN'T KNOW...
THERE WAS A POST BY MAZDA CORPORATION FOR 93-94 MX6 ABOUT BAD PAINT JOB , BACK THEN IN 93-94 THEY WERE REECALLED FOR REPAINTING.
I SAW THIS ADD ON ONE OF THE MAZDA WEB SITES.
FOR MORE INFO. SEARCH YAHOO

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
ive only seen the green ones doing it too... a few 626s as well.

everyone thinks i have new paint on my car every time i wax it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the same problem with my green MX6. All over the roof and in spots along the tops of the fenders. I wax the areas just to keep the clearcoat from deteriorating further, but it doesn't really hide the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I got something different on my 95 green mx6. On the hood there seems to be tiny little scratches all over. Its not noticable from far away, but up close it looks like tiny chicken feet all over. I don't need to fix it since i'm goin to repaint my car to another color after i get my body kit on. Just wanted to kno what this is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts