Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just fixed some rust on my car today and it looks damn good but i just noticed that some of the paint misted onto the window a bit, its not a big deal its not that bad, but i know its there so its bugging me, whats the best way to remove it with out wrecking the tint on the window?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't, its on the outside, but i don't know the process of how "tint is applyed" because i have never worked with it so i added it in just in case it effects is somehow. (better to be safe and ask then to fuck it up)

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
the razor is good, although the poilsh will do it, eithere way will work. We use steel wool at our shop, works PERFECT, i reccommend that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
paint thinner (acetone) will work fine. won't damage the glass at all, just be sure not to get ANY near your paint.

Reactions: John_Shea

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, damn i love this site lol.... kamra for all

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the tip, i will make sure i do that

·
Registered
273 Posts
Use a clay bar. You can get one for 10-20 dollars at Pepboys or Advance Auto Parts or any similiar store that's close to you, even Walmart. Don't [fizzle] with paint thinner when you don't have too.

·
Registered
444 Posts
all you have to do is use steel wool...ive gotten primer on my window and i used steel wool and it rubs it right off....no scratches...nothing...its perfect

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
i dont know if i would belive the steel wool idea. I would definatlly use the acetone idea. But as stated before be sure to not touch the paint on the door at all, it will fade it.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
trust me boys, i am a body man, we have overspray, steel wool, it's like a damn eraser! no scratches at all!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update, I used steal wool, and well it worked prefect with no dammage to the window at all, i went really light and it came up even after sitting on there for over 24hrs, so thanks again everyone for your input it helped tons

·
Registered
444 Posts
trust me it works....i use it all the time because im always getting primer on my windows...and i have no scratches...i thought it was goin to scratch my window but it didnt

i just know the acetone is a bad idea.... the clay idea is really good but that cost money....steel wool is basically free...im sure you can find someone around that can let you have a little

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would say so there's no chance you could accidentally get paint thinner on your paint and mess it up, it would also probably attack the weatherstripping if you got it on that. Plus then you'll have it if you ever wanna detail your car...clay bar it, polish, wax. I work at a machine-assisted hand car wash, and we also detail cars. We use clay bars all the time when detailing, they work awesome. The ones we have at work cost like 40 dollars a piece.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts