Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna paint my tail lights and i was reading other threads and it says you have to sand and clear coat everything. is this nessary of can you just paint it and leave it the way it is? and if i have to clear coat how do i do it and where do i buy it???

·
Registered
98 Posts
http://www.mx6.com/newmx6/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8005

Give this thread a read. I gave a very detailed explaination of how to paint your taillights. And clearcoat is just a clear enamel or acrylic spray. You'll find it alongside spraypaint at any store you go to. It costs the same as a can of spraypaint too. And no, you don't have to clearcoat your tails, it just gives them a nice gloss and a measure of protecton for the paint. You also shouldn't have to sand anything if you use primer. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok, those tails do look nice,but I see the outlines of the original design in them. Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of that? Also what about painting the tails to body color? Does a company make our colors, I have a red 93 six, and would love to make the tails match the body, ala skyline. I was thinking maybe some bodo or something. Anyone have any input drop it here or e-mail me @ [email protected]

Thanks guys.... and girls....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts