Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Well on my '6 i'm goin for a more stealthy look wiht the dark paint, gunmetal rims, dark tint. So i decided to paint the emblems on the hood and the trunk. (Kinda like the new g35's option for the black emblems). Anyway, I think they turned out great. I love how they look on the car! Take a look at my cardomain site too if you want. Have a good one.
-wes m.

Tell me what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i actually like that alot. you did a very nice job.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I didn't realize Mazda made a Jesus model. ;)

The Mazda MX-6 (Jesus Edition)

White Cloud Interior
Halo Steering Wheel
MPH measured in Light Speed.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i like them, but i'll just shave mine fo sho;)
hahaha

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
So you just painted them with black paint... (glossy??)

They do look damn good, I just wanted to know because I want to do it now:D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
did you remove them first? how did you get them off without damageing anything? how did you get them back on?

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Kanja said:
I didn't realize Mazda made a Jesus model. ;)

The Mazda MX-6 (Jesus Edition)

White Cloud Interior
Halo Steering Wheel
MPH measured in Light Speed.
:haha:

wait, if you got the ANGEL EYES headlights, it would be perfect ;)

hehe.

i actually like em in black on that color. im not sure it would work on green, etc but on maroon it works nicely.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha, thanks guys. To get the emblems off, u just use a small flathead screwdriver and pry them up. There's only glue on the 'v6' badge, the other ones just snap right on. I took them off, scuffed them down, then sprayed them with a few coats of glossy paint, then i just snapped them back on. It was real easy.

-wes m.

·
Registered
105 Posts
black emblems, sweet!

yo, thats looks really tight! looks good with the red. by the way the duel exhuast looks really sweet! wear did you get that bumper at?
jestermx6

·
Registered
141 Posts
Turtlespeed said:
haha, thanks guys. To get the emblems off, u just use a small flathead screwdriver and pry them up. There's only glue on the 'v6' badge, the other ones just snap right on. I took them off, scuffed them down, then sprayed them with a few coats of glossy paint, then i just snapped them back on. It was real easy.

-wes m.
Howd ya paint the front one. that one doesnt "snap on" you had to pry that one up from the glue its on and then somehow reglue it. what glue did you use?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I painted my emblems about a year or so ago, and I did the same process. Only difference is that instead of a screwdriver that could possibly damage the paint, I used 2 credit cards (really any form of a hard plastic card will work, like school ID, driver's license, etc.). I put one on each side of the emblem then jut pushed them inward, sliding them under the edges of the emble. they popped right off. And for the hood emblem, I did the same thing and used some sticky-tack that teachers use to hang posters and stuff to stick it back down. No problems! Just my .02. Crooks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah, I also did mine.

I used Dental Floss to get mine off... Easy to get behind and for sure no scratches. I am sure there are a million waysto get them off though. Hell, I am sure if you had a good grip you could pull them off.

I Sanded, Primered, Painted, and Clear Coated. They looked as clean as the car they were sitting on. I used double sided 3-M All Weather Tape to re-attach my Hood Emblem though. I remove it about every 3 months to wax the car and so far the tape has had no problems with the paint.

It does look sweet though!!! Nice choice on the colors. I like. Now if only we could get alluminum or some kinda of metal emblems and just have them powder coated. :D

That will be the day.

·
Registered
270 Posts
turtle

nice emblems, looks god on the red, dont think it could go with any other color though. hey just by looking at your sigunature, you ran 14.6 @93mph? was that with the shot, or with out? cause i have never gotten time slips, or g-teched my car, but i know i am averaging in the 93-97mph,with out nos, (i hit 97 once) would it be safe to say that i am running in the 14's? i know it is hard to guess, but you know.

thanx

gj

·
Registered
350 Posts
he ran a 14.6 with a ze and no shot, hes just that fast!!!! he hasnt used the zex with the ze at the track yet, although the werd from the herd is he used it with no pressure for like a 15-30 shot while racing a mustang and made them look, very, very, very stupid and slow. how embaressing. im just waiting for my turn to drive/ride in it.......:muhaha: :tup: to wes!! oh yeah, and the emblems rock.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts