Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just fixed some body damage on a bumper. Is there a way i can just paint the primed area or do i have to paint the whole bumper. I was thinking of wet sanding to blend. Does anybody have any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You would most likely have to repaint the ENTIRE section in order for the paint to match and blend properly. I've never done it myself but I've seen PLENTY of cars in my area that have had cheap body work done and only had the section that was worked on repainted. First of all the paint almost never matched the original factory paint so you 'll be able to tell the difference. Second, you'll be able to FEEL the difference. there is always going to be a section where the new paint meets the old paint, plus, once you clear coat that small section, you'll be able to feel it unless you sand it down and blend it.

It's rough, but if possible repaint the whole thing. If not, if you just use your car to get you arouns and don't really care about it's appearance, I would just go for it and paint that small section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts