Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
something is wrong
my mx-6 wont move, the parkin brake seems as though it is jammed. anyone else had this problem? whats involved to fix it? its a 2nd gen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, i have the same problem. The problem on my car is that the cable is not fully disengaging. On further inspection, I noticed that the cable on the side that was sticking had been chewed up pretty badly. I think that it either has crap in the cable or maybe it's rusted. Definitely don't drive your car with the brake like this. It will kill your rotor and eat your pads quickly. Find out which side is sticking, then look up underneath your car and look for a little hook shaped piece of metal on your caliper. It should be attached to a cable. Pull the metal hook towards the back of the car. Just make sure your car is in park or in gear cause it will roll if not. If the parking brake assemblies are freely moving on both sides then it could be that your caliper is shot. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
This subject has been covered before. You can go to this link to find out more about this.

http://www.mx6.com/board/showthread.php3?threadid=277

Always try to run a search on your problem furst to see if it has been covered. Most likely it has and you will find all the information you need... :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts