Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way for when i turn my car on my parking lights turn on? Ive already got my fog lights to turn on with my parking lights i just need it for my parking lights to turn on when i turn on my car. If so tell me how please?

Nate

·
Registered
488 Posts
As long as you are good with electrical work on you car it's easy. You'll need a Bosch, or similar, SPDT relay and a test meter. Open up the steering column and test the thick wires coming from the key. Find which one is the ignition wire, it'll only have power when the key is in the on position. Tap pin 86 off the relay to this and ppin 85 to ground. The find which wire coming from the turn signal switch gets power when you turn the parking lights on. To this you hook pin 30 off the relay. The final two pins on the relay should be 87 and 87a. Cut 87 and don't use it, 87a gets hooked to the same ignition wire you hooked pin 86. Now the parking lights should turn on every time the ignition is on. The wire for the parking lights might be a negative trigger, in which case it will go from power to ground when you turn on the lights. If this is the case then hook 30 to it still, but hook 87a to ground, any piece of metal should do.

HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Auto Start

Because i have automatic start, and i would like for them to go on when it automatically starts, its kind of like a luxury

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have remote start, and it came with that option. i didn't do th eionstall but that's how my 3 cars that have remote start are set up from the install. You turn th ecar on with the remote start, the parking lights flash or stay on. Then yiou get it, turn th ekey to th eon position and press on th ebrake and you're on.

The info that was posted before won't really work because when you turn on th ecar with the remote start, you're not turning the key to the on position or anything. the key will basically stay in the off position.

I would look for another way to do this. Contact the maufacturer of the remote start and ask them.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Actual what I posted will work even witha remote start as long as you have the realy down line fromt eh remote start wires. But Jorge is right every remote start I have ever seen has a parking light output wire so that you have visual indication that the car is running. Most likely it just wasn't hooked up when the unit was put in and you will just need to wire it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts