Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i know i read somewhere on this site that someone was parting out thier 6, if anyone remembers who that is, let me know.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I'm parting out my old 626 Turbo. It has mostly the same parts except for some body and interior things. What are you looking for?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Before this post explodes into a parts exchange, I'm looking for a passenger front fender in the maroon Red Mica color. I have not seen one MX6 with my color.

Ryan

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sweet. What year is that man? My mirrors are the same color as the car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
there is quite a few things that the dx didnt come with. like colored mirrors, spoiler, TURBO....., sunroof. but i did get an auto, lucky me..

hopefully all that will be changed soon, well with this parts car i want to pick up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is this parts car maroon? :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
MX6 Type 'R'..........no that will never happen (rice, i hate rice)

no it is black, but i dont need any of the body panels. just the motor, rear disc brakes (for conversion), bla bla bla. the mechanical stuff is what i am after. chances are though if i get it, it will be awhile before i start selling parts off of it. or i may never, parts cars are handy, like when a 15 yr old bolt becomes part of the car and u break the head off.

[Edited by smachan on 02-28-2001 at 01:03 PM]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oh you mean much like BOTH radiator plugs that broke on my car?? :) That's coo man, just checkin.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Speaking of that, how did you get the broken plug out. That happened on my bottom one, and I'll need to remove my rad in order to get my turbo out soon.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It was pretty easy. You take a sharp pointy object, like an icepic, then stick it on the right side of the bolt head (or lack of) (when your underneath the car). The object of this is to get the point on the plastic bolt and tap the pic with a hammer counter clockwise to reverse the bolt out of the hole. If your bolt is factory like mine, it will be threaded for 1/4 inch, then be beveled and unthreaded for about a half inch, then threaded again at the opposite end (so you can drain the fluid without taking the bolt out). So it should seem like its stuck after you drain it...just keep unscrewing. If I confused you, tell me and I'll try and simplify the process.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I understand...it's made that way so you don't loose the plug. Well I dont have that one. I was worried about using a stud extractor type thing because I thought that if I tried to drill into the plug I might end up turning it until it goes inside my radiator and I'd never get it out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah that was my initial plan, extracting it (which i have never seen done) but then when my friend who was going to do it saw the original and was like "You mean it's just plastic?"...the top plug was out 2 minutes later.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Get a left handed drill bit. Then use your extractor. The bit itself may take it out. It did mine, twice. Top and bottom. Any q's, just email. [email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts