1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
good except for the fact that you don't need the intake manifold, and the kit is missing the vaf boot, throttle body boot, and hoses for intake, intercooler and turbo to intercooler. I would probably be cheaper for someone to go to a junkyard themselves and get all of that stuff rather than pay shipping and the cost of that Ebay sellers auction. I wouldnt be suprised if it got near or even higher than $500, and all of that stuff can be had for......$200?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, I'm not selling. Just trying to help.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
there is a BUY NOW option on Ebay, the "buy now" option was $390. I'll give you a break down of what parts go for in the junkies near me, pull it yourself mind you.

Turbo $90-$120
Intercooler $25-$45
ECU $15
Wiring Harness $10
Random pipes $5 each

the trick is that you have to disassemble parts that you want to buy, if you want a whole turbo, disassemble it and buy different parts at different times, if you roll up with a whole turbo of course you are going to get charged top dollar,but if you break it apart you get charged less, it's all in how much game you have. I've gotten charged $5.00 for an OIL COOLER=intercooler:lol: but another time I got charged $25 same as a heater core, it all depends on if the person at the window knows their car parts, or if you can lie to them in their face and tell them that a compressor housing is a THERMOSTAT HOUSING, I bought an RHB5 center cartridge for $5.00 telling them that it was a coolant bracket..."see coolant flows through here" :lol:

compressor=thermostat housing $5.00
center cartridge=coolant bracket $5.00
exhaust side of turbo= motor mount $5.00

$15 RHB5 turbo :lol:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Any turbo at my local U-Pull-It is 25 dollars:shrug:

·
Registered
514 Posts
you guys are lucky down here in New Mexico they dont even let you in to the yard to pull stuff out so we have some illegal imagrents(not jokeing) that dont know jack pulling parts off for us. So they jack up the price since now they have to "pay" someone to pull the parts off. I went about a month ago and asked for a N/A exhaust manifold from a f2 yeah they wanted $250 yeah right I flat out told the dude I could get the hole engine up the street for $350(all a lie lol) waited a second and he didnt offer a lower price so I walked out. Not like they will remiber me

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Theres a couple places here that will let you go in the yard and look around. Some have stoped or someone has to go back there with you. Those are the guys that dont make much money.

My friend knows some guy that owns a junkyard, he never gets anything worth takin parts off of though......

He did get a 2nd gen LS though, it was stripped clean in 1 day.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
there are alot of pre pulled yards around here, those places usually charge more, they usually have better cars. But all of the pick-your-parts usually have an MX6 or two or three, or a probe or two or three. This weekend was 50%, but all of the Probes and MX6's had been raped of all the goodies, it was a mad house :lol:. 50% off sales are good because it leaves more for more stock, so in a week or two I'll check again

·
Registered
532 Posts
SixSick6 said:
but how often do you find RHB5's or T Birds in Omaha Nebraska?

Yep, you're right, it's mostly just tractors and farm equipment:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts