Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 1995 mx6 that has been hit hard in the left rear. Many parts , engine over 100k but strong and top end redone. must do something fast . I'm in Bellingham 360-319-6170

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i'm guessing he's parting out. maybe should get pics :p and say if it's v6 i4 or manual or auto, etc. type of interior, parts that are damaged, parts that aren't and best of all, prices

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Whats your phone number? I live in Burlington and I could come up and check it out and let people know whats up. My roomates might need some parts as well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
cars didn't go OBDII until 96 AJ. everything 95 and older is OBDI. some cars that were made in 95 were given like, semi OBDII capabilities, but any harness for the mx6/probe that comes out of a 95 or earlier model is going to OBDI.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
95 and up all use the same distributer thats the only semi obd2 i can think of

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i've always thought it was the transitional year where some of them were obdI and some had switched to obdII

·
Registered
737 Posts
i've always thought it was the transitional year where some of them were obdI and some had switched to obdII
Yes, it is the transitional year.

In 1995 manufacturers gave some models OBDII capabilities, while others were kept OBDI. Whether a vehicle was equipped with OBDI or OBII varied between models but not within a specific model. Some car models with OBDI were given extra capabilites that would be seen in the following year when ALL vehicles were required to have OBDII data. Primarily the ability to monitor and/or test certain systems that you would otherwise not be able to observe or only be able to monitor, with a pure OBDI network.

95 Mx6's are all the same as far as OBD is concerned. They're all OBDI.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
thanks for the info :) i love you

Yes, it is the transitional year.

In 1995 manufacturers gave some models OBDII capabilities, while others were kept OBDI. Whether a vehicle was equipped with OBDI or OBII varied between models but not within a specific model. Some car models with OBDI were given extra capabilites that would be seen in the following year when ALL vehicles were required to have OBDII data. Primarily the ability to monitor and/or test certain systems that you would otherwise not be able to observe or only be able to monitor, with a pure OBDI network.

95 Mx6's are all the same as far as OBD is concerned. They're all OBDI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me know what kind of tranny you have. like to do a 5spd swap. I'm in tacoma and can get there easily. How much for the package?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i have a parts car with a 5 speed just sitting around. only thing it wouldn't be coming with is the master cylinder if you're looking for a package. I have a new slave cylinder too. package would probably be around 500 bucks. pm me. The car is a 96 mx6 LS. 150k miles on it just sitting in the garage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts