Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have ignored this issue for... well since I got the car. The Passenger window goes down fine but going up its slow almost like its dragging.

I have looked a few times and did not see anything causing it so I assume its just the window motor or maybe could use a good cleaning and I just have not done it.

But now that I am tracing down all the little issues and getting them handled before I go in for paint again I figured this was one of the issues I could go ahead and deal with.

So before I go buy a window motor has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
i do, i do.

Switch connections maybe or crud build up, causing lots of resistance?? I know my passenger side switch is on the fritz, and they are know for going bad.

As long as the window goes back up, i dont care how slow it goes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i have a slow pass window as well.. i have yet to look at it... ill be interested to see what you do to help..

i do believe greasing up the rails will help

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it no longer goes up so its time to clean and lube the rails what are you guys using? Any pref or good results from something in particular?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alrigh so White Lith. should be fine I will do that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i will try to lube mine, same things happens. Though i think the motor just might be bad because if i hold both windows to go up together the right side stops near the top

·
Registered
737 Posts
Allowing your rails to aquire anything that causes restrictions of a upward or downward motion will overwork your motor. Eventually, if you do nothing to clean the rails and improve track glide, you will burn out your motor and end up having to replace it.

Been there, done that, it's NOT fun.

Clean your shit and hopefully, if you attend to it soon enough, you won't lose a perfectly good motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts