Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I noticed that when I get on the freeway, my passenger side door seemed like it had a leak cause I can hear wind coming into the cabin. So, I finally pinpointed the location the other day in the car wash when water started dripping down the side of the door.

My question is, how can I "glue" this weather stripping, which is kind of bend down out of shape (sorry, little hard to explain), which is located on the inside frame of the door back into place?

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same problem...(1996 mx6) but in both windows...It is really starting to piss me off. (mine also is noticable at highway speeds)
I thinks its because of the way the doors/windows are made. We have the window smashing against the weatherstripping every time we close the door..
If you have any ideas on how to fix this, please let me know !

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i went back to the mazda dealer where I bought the car and they said you have to replace the whole strip!!!

COST= $140 for strip
LABOUR=1 hr = $80

FORGET THAT...!
I think the air deflector would work but it would look stupid on this car, don't you think?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ouch. I hope those aren't US dollars. The labor rate for my nearest Mazda dealer is about $45/hr. Luckily it's only been there once, and that was for the timing belt job, where they gave me a discount :)

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

·
Registered
55 Posts
This window problem has been my only complaint with my MX6....but it's a big one ! Its actually embarassing as well... I brag about my car all the time, and if I give someone a ride I have to turn the Radio up so they dont ask "is your door open"

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
27 Posts
Window seal

I have the same problem with the left window(passenger door)
It gets even worse when a cross wind is blowing from the right,it seems to suck the window away from the seal.Has anybody found a solution yet??

G

·
same here....

No solution here, but I have the same problem on my driver side door. Water leaks when I wash it....need a solution, if not....then I guess I have to pay for the strip and labor at the Mazda Dealer. Hopefully some one will come up with a solution....peace.
-krazy

·
Registered
48 Posts
just a guess

I am pretty sure that if you went ahead and bought the stripping you could install it and save a little green. You just need some adhesive and a little bit of time. Just a thought...Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts