Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to own a 1989 "super red" Corolla GTS before discovering I was in love with MX6's!;) She served me well for five years... very fast and reliable! What where your past loves?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Before I became interested in Mazda, I had a past love. I don't know that it counts the same way since I didn't own the car, but it's a cool story, so I'll tell it anyway (and if you aren't happy with that explanation, @- ). When I was about 7, my parents had a friend of theirs over to our house. I remember going outside & seeing the strangest car I had ever seen. It looked like it was made out of tin foil (remember, this is coming from the 7 year old perspective) & like the doors were broken because they opened differently than most others. I didn't know much about cars at the time, but I remember thinking I've got to get one of these someday. I didn't realize how special that car was until I saw it appear in a certain trilogy that we all know about. If you haven't figured out what I am talking about by now :rolleyes:, then maybe you shouldn't be on here (j/k), but I'll tell you anyway. It was a Deloreon & I have only seen one other in person since that day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! Love that DeLorean too! I wanted one for most of my childhood, and still! I got tempted two years ago as a summer car but I finally went for a '76 MGB... Just love that convertible top! Lucas wiring is sh*** but it's motor is strong.
Sill Wish I was Michael J. Fox!

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
Past love

When i was 13 my dad iand i bought a 1973 austin miniWe spent 3 years fixing it and my dad drove it all the time.when i got my liscense my dad gave it to me as a gift.imagine that little pocket rocket bored out to 180hp! I climbed in for the first time. But the problem was that i'm 6 foot 5 and i didn't fit in the drivers seat and my knees where so cramped i couldn't properly hit the clutch.(yaya hahahaha i know) So I never did drive it man we had to sell it to get me a car i fit in to.I got my mazda and that mini could have smoked my 1995 mx6 v6.And know you know the rest of the story

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Past loves:

Two x 1988 Dodge Omni
First was mtx (white)
Second was atx (grey)

Loved because I could take out the back seat and put a kick-ass stereo in during my college years.

1987 Toyota Supra turbo (white)

Loved because it handled like nobodys business.
It was heavy and an atx to boot. Discovered my current MX-6 GT and dropped it like a bad habit.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
1983 bonneville SE!

yea yea yea.. laugh all u want it was a strong car and it took a beating! I drove it into its grave.. poor thing had almost 400 000 km on it, but after the springs collapsed, tranny was missing and the battery was almost dead i gave up and threw her out.. i got a whole $25 bucks too :D other than that i've been with a 1985 cadillac deville, FWD V6 Diesel, a red 1984 camaro and a white 1984 camaro Z28... well built cars.. i parked them outside everyday (even in the worst winter days) and they always started! peas

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
heres one for ya

hahahaahah ready??

1988 grey Dodge Aries "K" wagon!!!!

Oh yeah! My first car ever... had it for a year, and then replaced it with my six!

sold it for 800bux, and a month later it died on the guy I sold it to... Too bad for him, I even certified before I sold it to him :)

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts