Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mmmm... $300 dollar 1992 Ford Taurus Station Wagon.... Complete with character-adding fender dent. :cool:

My L33t stereo setup. I screwed the satellite radio mount right into the dash. :tup::tup: I will be replacing the stock 6 1/2 inch speakers with better ones and possibly getting a single 12 inch sub for some bass. If I can't make it look good or have power it might as well sound decent. :jump:

Oh look! Shiny new parts in the trunk! And it has the uber-awesome fold down rear-facing seat!

I got my parts back from the powder coater today. All in all it cost me 375 to have everything done. Not terribly expensive and it will last a LOT longer than rattle can paint.

Mmmm... 67mm TB AND a King6 motor mount...

Here's a mock up. I think it will look pretty good when everything's installed.

Everything will be installed when I get a chance. The car is in storage for the winter so it will probably be a while. :shrug:

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
Looks good any plans for the "Mazda" on the front VC? You should paint it blk for some contrast

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure yet. I didn't have it powder coated black because it would have cost more money. I'll have to see how it looks when it's installed.

Also, I need to reinstall the badges on the manifold, what is the best thing to use?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Just paint the lettering black :) High temp rattle can sprayed in a cup.

Also the Taurus is mega cool :tup:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Need any parts for for that wagon? My Taurus is going to the wreckers on saturday. If it's a 3.8 I have a highflow y-pipe and cats from shobros garage. You know you waaaaaant it....

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Just grind the letters clean of paint and block them out with some 400grit for that brushed look. That's what I did on mine. Otherwise looks good!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
hahaha exhaust on that tank would be killer!!!!

love them PC'd parts man!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Just grind the letters clean of paint and block them out with some 400grit for that brushed look. That's what I did on mine. Otherwise looks good!
I'd be a little nervous of the PC chipping off the far side of the spinning wheel.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts