Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the new one but i have some concerns over the old one. The part of the valve that goes into the valve cover was nowhere to be found after it snapped off. I am afraid it might of fallen through the valve cover inisde.
I am suppose to take the car in tomorrow for changing the head gasket and valve cover gasket, so the valve cover will be coming off anyway. But i am afraid if this piece of plastic has fallen inside, i cant drive the car then. Do u guys have any suggestions? Should i take off the valve cover my self and try to retreive the piece if its in there. Then i can relpace the cover and take the car in. I know it will not be sealed properly but it will be only a short drive since i live only 2k away from my mechanic.
NEED HELP ON THIS ONE.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
If you are talking about the Valve cover end, the other side of that opening is a baffle.

If the bits has fallen in, then it will be inside that baffle area.

Get them to dig it out when that take the valve cover off. There is a plate that is screwed to the underside of the valve cover. Baffle area.

Just drive it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey cam22t.

Does this plate that is screwed to the underside of the valve cover covers the whole area of the valve cover (meaning if the piece has fallen through, it is in the baffle area and it can't fall through to where the valves are unless that metal plate is removed)? Is that correct?

Thanx

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Correct

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
even if it has fallen throguh which is almost impossible. it will be floating around in the oil. it wont do any harm to drive it to the mechanic. it is very small pieces u should be worried about which would clog up the HLA's etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts