1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out guys:

Before:

After:

You can't really tell on the third pic but they are sooo much more clear (we buffed them first) and as you look at them from different angles they sparkle so blue!

Tell me what you think!

Mark

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks Same

Sorry Buddy.But looks like crap to me Go and Buy angel Lights Looks much much better .........:E Dont waist your time man..

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I don't mind the look but i think (actually I know) you went about it completely the wrong way and not to mention copletely illegal.

First off you could have attain the same blue effect by buying som ehiper white bulbs that gives off a blue tint for the head and the side corners seeing how they are both clear already.

Secondly you obviously did not cleaned the headlights enough. It is recommened (actually not just recommended) that you run it through with some 400 grit sand paper thoroughly, than run through some 800 grit, than 1200 grit, than 1600 grit than bugg the headlights smooth. And after that to apply a clearcoat. Your headlight repainted loooks extrmemly cloudy from the obvious application of too much clearcoat and not enough sanding work to make them truly clean.

Oh and not to mention blue painted lights are considered illegal in all 50 states of the Union since no vehicle except emergency or police may have blue tinted lights on their exterior. The only exceptions are projector headlights with the bluish tint but must not emit any blue color. I think the coppers will pull you over the first time they notice that. Just a warning to you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, first of all the pearl did not change the color of my lights in any way and I didnt plan on that either.. and Like I said they are ALOT more clear than it looks on the picture.. All the pearl did was add a blue sparkle to the covers, that is it..

Mark

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some more pics of the lights:

Not illegal Im sure... :confused:

·
Registered
242 Posts
those new pics actually make it look tight i like how it looks and a cop wont notice because pearl shifts at different angles it makes a nice showy look

Jimmy

p.s. also its origonal havent seen anyone else with that build ur motor up to buddy so if cops do mess with ya just take off like a jet

hehehe

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hah your right!

I need the money now! Next mod is rims.. I have a car show to attend to November 16 (Import Face-Off)!

·
Registered
162 Posts
thats a really nice molding job on that front bumper. looks very clean. i always wondered what you do if you have to take it off though....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes

Freshly painted White with Mica Blue Pearl

buddy Club molded all the way around ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
The later pictures look good and unique. However, it is still illegal man! I am 100% sure!

Anyway, I like the whole piece front. It looks clean. However, I did the same thing with my shotgun front and it cracked due to too many dips aruond my area.

Looks great so far & keep it up!!!!:D

·
Registered
242 Posts
showed pic to my uncle who is a STATE TROOPER and e said thats ok because its a paint and not an illuminating bulb that blue

Jimmy

·
Registered
874 Posts
Anyway! At least not around Los Angeles!

·
Registered
242 Posts
thats cause out in L.A. im not saying u but theres a huge street racing scene and everyone with a hot lookign car is a potental threat to safety to other motorists so they right u guys up for everything.

Jimmy

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yeah! I guess so. There are a lot of fix up cars around LA with attitudes. Especially, the Movie "Fast and the Furious" came out last year, a lot more fix up Hondas. That's why I stop driving MY MX6 lately.:(

Back to the this thread, I like the headlight color, since I did mine with some headlight sticker to make my headlight glossy blue, but it doesn't look as good as this.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Man, that is a nice color you have there. (the white) Can you take some pics of the whole car? I checked the cardomain page, but they are old pics with the kit just primed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I am going to get pics of the whole car as soon as possible

Im going to go put all the trim and stuff on today at my dads and bring it home but by time I get out of school and do that, it'll be dark.. =/

But definitely full pictures Wednesday!

Thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well here are two more pics that I guess I could post to give you an idea!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hopefully I will have full pics tonight!

Until then...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts