Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed aftermarket pedal covers - the ones that you need to drill into your existing pedals to install.

I currently have the ones that fit over the existing pedals. But since I drive an MTX the pedals are too close together, so I've found a set that would be perfect since they are nice and small, but it requires you to drill your existing pedals to install them.

Any advice, tips, etc would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heres how my bolt on pedals look.....excuse the dirtiness.

I took off the rubber pads and simply clamped the pedals to the factory pedals. I kept the springs off because they wouldnt let the aluminum pedals tighten up enough.

I plan on trimming the gas pedal due to the closeness with the brake pedal.

But i love the way that my feet dont slip off the pedals.

Fog Mod and Pedals

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks very nice! But the ones I'm talking about come with just a thin piece of metal for each pedal that require you to actually drill the metal underneath the rubber pedal covers to install them. They are really small and you won't have the brake and accelateror that close to each other. The company is called "Concreor", and they make pedals for BMW's and Porshe's.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Pedals

Some pedal kits involve that shit, i purchased a set of pedals from Icibahn. They give you the option of drilling or clamping. The only pedal thats tricky is the gas because you have to adhere the pedal to the surface and then secure the metal backing of the pedal with a clamp(included) then attach the stylish pedal, however all and all it looks sweet regardless of what you need to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts