Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 6, and i guess im taking all the chicks from everybody else (is it my mullet, or is a mx-6 a sexy car, or what). They all say that they can beat me. I like the torque on my car, and i got a little cocky and said i could beat some guy in his prelude. Can I? It is a 94 i think(not the 2000's), other people say it is pretty fast. One time he was going and flooring it, and I took off and caught him, but thats not off the line, we stopped at 40. Some kid in an 80's mustang wants to race. Its got the 5.0 engine, but the only mod he has is a dual flowmaster exaust. And whats up with the older ford rangers. One beat me right when i got my car. I didn't know how to shift then(im better now) but dang, it was really loud, and had huge tires in the back. He said he could beat old chevelles, so i wasn't too embarrased, but it had the same engine and non-forced induction. How fast should i say we stop at on each of the cars. I think the stang will beat me, but it is butt ugly, so i don't care too much, cuz i got a 6 and a mullet. I have a ractive intake, and a flowmaster exaust, and a new clutch. Its a LS 5-speed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If the prelude is the 3rd gen (i think 3rd gens were the ones from 92-96), then you will be okay. I raced a vtec and a non-vtec 3rd gen and beat them both. Hey, have you ever checked out http://www.mulletsgalore.com/ ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Excerpt from Jackass in response to one of the guys getting a mullet: "What did you tell them? Just Butcher the **** out of it?"

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
huh?

am i the only one who doesnt know what the hell a mullet is?

please enlighten me

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check out the link in my post above for some prime mullet examples. A mullet is where the back is longer than the sides and top. I guess I forgot to mention it is a haircut.

[Edited by bigjeff on 12-22-2000 at 09:59 AM]

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
are those other cars stick or ATX??? if theyre both ATX you should beat them both. ive only been beat by one prelude in the gen youre talkin and he had a shift kit, intake, and exhaust and was a really good driver (he mighta had sumthin else too). cuz i beat a "type R" prelude (it was a fake b/c they dont exist) he had the type r mods tho. intake, header, cat back, suspension. but also i have a 4 and i was stock when i beat him. (it was close). amony many other preludes fallen to the 4-cyl MX-6. the mustang, well, its all about the condition its in. i beat a 92 5.0 with 4 ppl in my car (he had 3 and an ATX tho). if you have a 6 you should be able to beat him. work on your launch because if its gonna be anywhere near close, thats whats gonna decide who wins. oh and dont let that mullet become a drag-inducing obstacle:D Hehe...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are all manual cars. One thing that is good for me, the kid in the mustang was racing a camaro, they were just cruzing down the road at 25 mph, then the kid in the mustang threw the car into first, and now he has no first gear. he says he still wants to race, and says he can beat me, but now their is no way. I definatly need to work on my launch. Any suggestions? oh yea, mullets are by far the coolest hair in the world. Its often called 1090, because you have 10% of your hair in the front, and 90% in the back. Mines not near that extreme, but i am working on it. I love mulletsgalore.com, I like the two dwarfs playing basketball that have mullets. I am always laughing about that. I havent raced the kid in the Prelude yet, because we don't have school and we never see each other, but i'll ask him if he has the vtech, which is faster, vtech or non?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the vtec is faster. its all in the cams. it works by opening the valves, faster and higher but the system is activated by oil pressure. basically im sayin the vtec doesnt kick in til about, what 4500RPM?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heck yea i have a mullet in highschool. I live in boise idaho, dont get me wrong, i'm not a hick, but a lot of people here are growing mullets.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah man mullets are the skater cut...theyre here too (in NM)

G

·
The vtec kicks in around 5500rpms. I beat a 96 prelude VTEC once. But i have lost to a 2000 prelude (both were MTX). But i had a really hard time beating the 96 (i only beat it by 1/2 a car length at 95!!). To beat a Prelude you have to have a really good start. When i raced my friends 2000 prelude i was a whole car length behind by the end of 1st gear b/c i had a horrible take off, preludes pull hard as hell in 2nd and 3rd but they dont pull so hard in 1st or 4th so try to take the race to around 100. As for 5.0's, in my experience some 5.0s seem to be really fast but more of them are slow. Hope he's a slow one :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Flaminmullet--Boise?

I live in Eagle, where do you goto school?
have you taken a trip to Idaho Speed Center in
Garden city? If not go on down there, it is on the road behind ICR, in a little brown building with a bunch of garage doors. We can help you out if your having trouble beating somebody (do you want a turbo/s.c./nos).
You can check it out on the web @www.idahospeed.com

Speedymx
------------------------------------------------------------
'89 mx6 GT, exahust, wires, k&n, center force df, autometer boost and a/f, turbonetics controller, 15psi, you guys wouldn't even believe the wheelspin!

G

·
I live in Emmett and nobody has a freakin mullet here. Emmett is like 25 miles from Boise. Where do u guys in Idaho go to school?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I go to centennial, and i know guys from meridan and eagle that have mullets(or are trying) I had a really nice one, then my mom made me cut it off, so now it is dinky, but who cares, a mullet is a mullet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I goto school in eagle, Flammin, I bet we know alot of the same people. I used to live right up by Centennial. What is your name? i'm Tyler Clark. i know all the guys that used to hang out with Josh Eix, Brett Hill, Chad Scarborough, Randy, K.C., and the rest. Anyone sound familiar?
Well, come down to Idaho Speed and we'll see what we can do to make your 6 fly.

Speedymx

G

·
So, you're going to race a Prelude, eh? You better have a damn good launch and a bottle of NOS, cause ludes have a little more power than the mx6. I have raced Probes and mx-6's and don't think I have ever lost. 94 Preludes are only fast if they are VTEC. If it does not have it, then you will win because the other two kinds of Preludes the S and SI are not that fast. I can beat an mx-6 by 2-3 car lengths at about 90, so try to have a perfect take off, otherwise 2nd and 3rd are going to roast your 6

G

·
Oh yeah, and the mustang 5.0 will probably kill you too, cause they run low 15's stock with a 5 speed and they respond really well to mods. beware.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey preludedude, my friend in his 88 nissan 4x4 pickup truck beat that dude in the prelude. no wonder he didnt want to race. people say it feels like you are going fast, but you really arent, they are really slow without vtec.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts